View Single Post
Old 09-10-2009, 06:10 PM   #1
Midnight Cinder

About Goth Fashion

Fashion is a huge part of the gothic subculture. You cannot just say you're a goth if you are a normal person that just wears black T-shirts sometimes. Even if you 'act Goth' you still must dress like one and have other fashion necessities to be distinguished from the others as a Goth. Hair is important as well. This is the problem with some people that want to be Goth, but are not really Goth. Even if you are going to Goth clubs, copying a Goth personality, and wearing a black T-shirt, that does not make you Goth.

Here I'll describe what I'm trying to say: An 18-20 year old man with the average short hair-cut, glasses, jeans, possibly overweight, and black running shoes. This description does not match a Goth.

Goths want to be different. We refuse to conform with society and the mainstream. We enjoy decorating ourselves with little trinkets such as spike bracelets, earings & peircings, maybe a cross necklace, etc. We sometimes wear black or dark colored nail polish. We almost always wear black but we also mix in other colors; preferably dark shades of them. Make-up is optional but important to some Goths. A white face with black around the edges of the eyes is quite popular amongst Goths.

Hair is definitely a factor in the Goth style. Many Goths like to have back-combed hair that sticks up. Some Goths like theirs to be strait down and long. Many other hairstyles are abundant too. The majority of Goths I've seen color their hair. Not always in black though. Red, blue, pink, purple, and light blond are all popular too. My hair is dyed black with one red streak on either side of the parting. Make your style unique because that's what being a Goth is about; being unique and different.

So now you've learned our style in a quick way. If you really think Goth is for you, go for it. Youths, please note that you will have to have your parent or gaurdian's permission. You will need their permission to buy clothes, dye your hair, and buy accessories. Now of course, you do not need to do these things if the Goth style is not for you. And if you want to have colored hair, but your parents will not allow it, just buy clip-on hair extensions. They can be clipped on and off the hair. They come in many colors and are usually cheap.

Last edited by Midnight Cinder; 09-10-2009 at 06:15 PM. Reason: spelling error
Midnight Cinder is offline   Reply With Quote