View Single Post
Old 08-20-2011, 10:51 AM   #68
Ben Lahnger

Interesting note - I just finished the trade paperback version of Justice League: The Tornado's Path by Brad Meltzer (man, I like his writing) and Ed Benes. At the back of the book there's a section where Meltzer and Benes comment on some of their favorite panels from the story.

In the comment on the first panel (titled Icons) Meltzer says, "... The one problem? Ed Benes loves to draw his women ... er ... buxomish. Never in my entire adult life did I ever think that my first art comment back would be, 'Can you make Wonder Woman's breasts smaller?' He did. And then I again asked, 'Uh ... smaller than that.' And thus page one was built."

And Benes reply? "Ahahah! I know that I gave Brad and Eddie a hard time drawing Diana's breasts correctly. But what can I say? I've drawn women like that for years and years, and old habits die hard!"

I suspect there's a lot of that going around.

I really do wish I could read more comics plotted by Meltzer though. Both "Identity Crisis" and "Tornado's Path" impressed me with their detail and how deeply into DC mythology Brad is able to go to pull the threads together when he weaves these tales. I might have to start reading his novels next.

And based on what I'm seeing from the New 52, I may have to keep going back to previous trade paperback reprints for my DC entertainment.

As the poets have mournfully sung,
death takes the innocent young,
the rolling in money,
the screamingly funny,
and those who are very well hung.

Your days are numbered - 26,280 per person on average - 2,000,000,000 heartbeats ... tick, tick, tick
Ben Lahnger is offline   Reply With Quote