View Single Post
Old 03-02-2013, 05:07 PM   #84
Languor

: |
I'm sorry that my questions seem to be really upsetting people. I don't believe in cis-privelege but it's more an etymology problem than anything else. I think some people here are assuming that i'm saying that "trans people are not oppressed" when I'm actually saying "trans people are not more oppressed than women". Trans people are horribly oppressed!
God, I feel like every time I say what I believe somebody calls me a fucking idiot even though I've been listening intently to what every single person has told me here. I do not hate trans people, I would take in a trans person if they were in danger, I think all shelters should, I fight for equal employment.
I also think gender is a harmful structure and I wish that no one would conform to it as rigidly as typical non-feminists and many trans people do. Telling me how many people are being raaped (by men) while saying I'm ignoring that fact (Saya, we've discussed how many women get raaped every minute.) when I very much know that men raape and oppress and kill women and people who don't fit into gender roles is not necessary. I know. I've read the horrible statistics.

ape descendant:
I'm just going to say this now. You have been harassing me from the start, you've been hella aggressive since I started posting here and I really, really appreciate your input but please stop attacking me. I am not saying anything violent towards you and yet you've called me a bigot for asking questions and sharing something I thought was interesting. In that post I was not arguing anymore by bringing up my friend. I respect you guys and I wanted to know what you thought about something I had experienced. If I'm as ignorant as you make me out to be, answer my questions instead of screaming at me for thinking something you don't! If I leave this thread (which I'd be sad to do because I've learned so much from Saya and Solumina and would love to continue discussion with them) it will be because I think it's pointless to make a point when you're ripping into me for trying to question, present and debate.

Last edited by Languor; 03-02-2013 at 05:09 PM. Reason: raaaaaaaaape correction
Languor is offline   Reply With Quote