View Single Post
Old 10-25-2010, 09:51 PM   #48
Versus

Charisma in Fallout 3 isn't as relevant as it has been, no. I thought it was at least worth a 6 in 2. The most that could be said about Charisma in 3 was that it was noticeably more difficult to pass speech or barter checks, regardless of skill, without it. I think the clinch, however, was that there weren't any good perks that required you to raise it.

And I never felt that sneak was very useful in 3. I don't think the sneak attack is pivotal enough, I don't think NPCs have anything worth pickpocketing, and just stealing things doesn't require any sneak at all, unlike say, oblivion. Also, for the most part I felt having lock picking and science was a redundancy. Usually the situation was a terminal that unlocks a safe that be lock picked. Even then, I might even justify having neither because that safe is almost never important and only contains a random loot table, anyway.

Really, in the end, it doesn't matter. Bethesda is trying to be kind in that everything can be accomplished regardless of what you're character is capable of. I remember when games didn't give two shits if you didn't have the appropriate skill (or key, as it may be).
Versus is offline   Reply With Quote