Thread: Rant Thread II
View Single Post
Old 08-02-2010, 01:10 PM   #4124
blu

Dear cyclist:

I realise that since you are wrapped in that skin-tight yellow suit complete with a fancy little aerodynamic helmet, you think you're too special to ride on the designated bike path with, gasp, weekenders.

Do note that the speed limit is 15 mph to begin with, seeing as this one little narrow section of road is always swarming with tourists, many of whom don't seem to recognise the concept of a cross walk. People are swinging car doors open at random, small children and pets and milling around dangerously close to the edge of the sidewalk...which is right next to the street, as you know.

I did not appreciate you sitting right on my ass and weaving impatiently, but at that moment in time I was more distracted by the pedestrian idiots on the road in front of me who suddenly changed their mind mid-walk and turned around to head back toward the ice cream parlour. I ESPECIALLY didn't appreciate you slamming your hand on my taillight and screaming at me to "DRIVE, DRIVE!" when I suddenly was not going at the speed of your liking.

You are fucking lucky I didn't pull up next to the sheriff's car parked on the side of the road about a half mile later to tell him about the self-righteous asshole pedaling his way there, whom to which road rules and common sense did not apply. I was honestly kicking myself in the face for not having done so.

You know, I like seeing people out biking, being healthy and all, but these wanna be Tour De France contender shits really get on my nerves. They never go single file when a car is behind them or passing, and they almost NEVER use the bike lane. No wonder so many of them are hit around here.

Also: if there is a curve, bridge or hill approaching, I can bet that 95% of the time there will be oncoming traffic and at least one asshole in a loud coloured cycling suit who refuses to share the road.
blu is offline   Reply With Quote