View Single Post
Old 12-20-2008, 12:13 PM   #25
gothicusmaximus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Filth
Good job, Gothicus. I liked that. I'm not moved though. Continue.
Maybe in a little while. You were moved enough to say 'good job'.

Quote:
I'm not uneducated. Just having a bit of fun. When you get older you'll realize it's possible to balance your intellect with a bit of innocuous banter. The results can be amusing. One of these results happens to be the upsetting of fussy little teenage pseudo-intellectuals who are still struggling with their own intellect to the point that it gets in the way of their personal happiness. Hang in there, through suffering comes wisdom. You're on the right track.
Balance your intellect? What intellect? So far, I just see inocuous banter and a catastrophically failed effort to appear as if you have something of value to contribute to a discussion on a play you've admittedly never read.
You know, I'm going to be 20 really soon, I wonder if I'm going to stop drawing fire for being a teenager then. Moreover, the phrase pseudo-intellectual implies that I am pretending to be an intellectual, which I am by no means doing. Although to truthfully claim I have actually read and understood a work of literature may seem like presumptuous posturing to you, I don't think this entitles me to membership in any sort of elite intelligentsia.
I come off as unhappy? Really? That's strange. I'm actually quite pleased that people exist who would spew the tripe you wrote then sit back contentedly and believe themselves to have 'sounded smart'. Fewer peers for me, less competition.

Quote:
Maybe it isn't your desire to save the internet but it's probably what is going to happen. Simply through your cool and jaded presence pushing back against all the contribution of shallow and elementary halfassed quasi-essays floating about; The internet shall be saved! Just don't let any moisture on that dry sense of humor of yours.
I alone simply cannot stand against the raging tide of shallow and elementary halfassed quasi-essays that issues forth from cyberspace, and even if I were, by some miracle, I'd soon after be overwhelmed by the surge of clumsy, puerile sarcasm that followed. When you're jaded like me you'll realize this.

Quote:
I'm seriously surprised you took up the challenge. Way to go on writing a, what number did you pull out of your ass again, oh yeah 70 times better essay than a guy who never read Hamlet. Way to lower the glass ceiling for yourself.
I'll have you know, that number is the result of scrupulous scientific measurement of my half-assed thesis against your half-assed "thesis". Technically my work was 71.636 times superior to your own, but I rounded down for the sake of concision and to spare your feelings.

Quote:
In no way shape or form did I give the impression that not reading hamlet is what makes me cool. Though it would be impressive if you were able to connect the dots in a way that made it appear that way.
Dot 1: "Better elementary than pedantic" This implies that your... thing, though elementary, is better than the pedantic essay that someone else might right.
Dot 2: "Off the top of my head too" This implies that your 'accomplishment' is magnified by the fact that you wrote your 'essay' quickly and without stopping to think.
Dot 3: "I've never read Hamlet either" Once again, your feat is made even greater, as you came up with all that nonsense without even having read the play you're discussing. How cool.

I hereby connect these dots. Not too impressive an endeavor by my standard, but whatever does it for you.
gothicusmaximus is offline   Reply With Quote