View Single Post
Old 07-29-2012, 03:26 PM   #41
Saya

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murder.Of.Crows View Post
Holy shit balls! That is the worst portrayal of bdsm ever! And, the huge popularity to this book astounds me. Why would anyone want to be dominated and abused so terribly.

Anyways, I love manga and respect if far more than comic books in general. They seem to have more thought put into them than comics. Of course this doesn't apply to all situations on either side, but in majority.
Well you could say the same about manga XD I'm finding it a little more difficult finding stuff to my tastes and there's always that risk that if its not good, I just wasted six dollars on a manga that took me less than an hour to read. With comics I don't feel like it was so much of a bust money or time wise. I do think DC and Marvel need to get their heads out of their asses when it comes to women, LGBTQ and PoC, and to an extent Dark Horse and Vertigo, but the indies got a lot more freedom to do whatever they want.

Although I've been meaning to pick up Demon Knights. apparently there is a trans* character (the writer says he is but I don't think its been officially confirmed in the book), which I think would make him the first trans* DC hero or villain, which ever he is.
Saya is offline   Reply With Quote