View Single Post
Old 07-14-2008, 05:13 PM   #36
dre bin laden

Quote:
what I never understood was, just because people don't like him, they bash him and his work to death with no justification other than: his music isn't really goth or this or that, or it's "shit".
i second that, but think i may have some insight. manson has described his music as "designed to speak to the people who understand it and to scare the people who don’t"
i'm not saying all these people are actually afraid of marilyn manson, but just that they don't understand what he has tried to say, and we know how people get defensive when they don't understand things.......

Quote:
and a belated "AMEN!" to Gothicus' post.
id like to second this, except i think dita's a lot hotter than the new bitch, and if you've seen her she's completely trying to be dita.

Quote:
Doesn't anyone realize that Manson's always did what he could just to make money!? Maybe the reason he sounds emo in his newer shit is because he is just another idiot who changes his sound to go along with what's "in" at the time(A7X maybe?) It's all about money dear, no one gives half a shit about anything else in music these days.
since ive started listening to manson people have been telling me this and i always just refused to accept it. now i think it is becoming an inevitable truth... or he could just be getting old? although i really don't think this was the case in past albums. i genuinely think manson was doing his own thing when he was with the spooky kids, and portrait of an american family was very original. first i hated twiggy for leaving the band, now i see he was onto something...

Quote:
It is a concept album, you have to look further than what is in your ears. Manson is not trying to reinvent himself or anthing, its conceptual.
wow. i don't know why i didn't look into this. your post makes me wonder if manson is just maturing as an artist. i do however think that even if all these great things were incorporated into "eat me drink me", he could have made it a little less repetitive sound-wise.

this thread wasn't intended to raise controversy as to whether manson is goth or not. i just figured that with such a variety of individuals on this board, people would have an eclectic taste in music, and not limit themselves or their discussions to just one or two genres. some of you have proved me wrong, but others have given me evidence that there are still individuals who identify with this subculture but also can enjoy a heterogeneous selection of music. still others have respectfully stated that manson's music just does not go well with them, which is a perfect example of expressing a personal opinion based on experience. i'd like to thank the two latter groups i mentioned for being able to manifest their views in a rational, open-minded manner.
dre bin laden is offline   Reply With Quote