Thread: Goth jobs?
View Single Post
Old 06-19-2008, 12:40 AM   #100
Wormboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackwater1110
It ends where my job ends. Whether or not I'm wearing nail polish has nothing to do with my capacity for performing said job. Making copies for someone is part of my job; whether I wear my hair the same as the guy next to me is not. In theory, what my boss thinks of my hair is none of his goddamn business. Thanks for reminding me, however, that the real world has little to do with how things actually are. Consider my cushy collegiate bubble burst.
Hey, bubblehead, listen. How you dress at work is every BIT the boss' business. Know why? Because his or her clients will judge you by your apperance. Fucked, but it happens. His priority is to make money. You can't dress in all black and boots at Abercrombie and Fitch, you can't dress in mini skirts and tube tops at a law office, and you can't dress in alternative clothes in a mainstream workplace. I love dressing crazy as much as the next guy. Mohawk, only boots, all the fun stuff. More makeup than a Rocky Horror dress rehersal, but guess what? At work, I'm in a three piece suit with neat hair. Why? Law office. They said I could get away with jeans and a T shirt, but I don't. You have to dress appropriately for the place you work. Not only will your boss make you, but it's a matter realizing that sometimes you have to know when to give a little of yourself up to make sure there's the rest of you alive. Besides, it's only clothing.

Kontan - "Eventually, you ended up looking like the freaking grim reaper towards the end of the game.
Now we got this cracked out jungle hobo...."
Wormboy is offline   Reply With Quote