View Single Post
Old 12-12-2009, 05:58 PM   #4
Ben Lahnger

Ah, the same guy has been loading a bunch of classic movies that have fallen into the public domain onto YouTube. I also found the following gems:

"White Zombie" (1932) with Bela Lugosi (the first Zombie film)

"The Cabinet of Dr. Caligari" (1919)

"Night Of The Living Dead" [1968]

"The Little Shop Of Horrors" (1960)

"The Brain That Wouldn't Die" (1962)

"The Wasp Woman" (1959)

and a personal favorite - "Invasion of the Bee Girls" (1973)

For Vincent Price fans there's "The House On Haunted Hill" (1959) and "The Last Man On Earth" (1964) based on the Richard Matheson story "I Am Legend" (remade later as "The Omega Man" and the recent Will Smith vehicle of the same name)

For fans of Hammer Films there's "Count Dracula and His Vampire Brides" (1973) aka "The Satanic Rites of Dracula" with Christopher Lee as the classic count.

Those that want a little campy horror ala 1973 should try out "Satan's School for Girls" with soon-to-be Charlie's Angels members Kate Jackson and Cheryl Ladd.

And there's another YouTube channel where you can sample some of the television classic "Elvira's Movie Macabre" ... I remember my Mom telling me, "Well, you know why your father watches HER" and rolling her eyes! But I was right there with my Dad. Try out "Count Dracula's Great Love" for starters. I will never forget the sound of Elvira signing off each episode with her trademark, "Unpleasant dreams!" Or pretty much any QUOTE from her!

As the poets have mournfully sung,
death takes the innocent young,
the rolling in money,
the screamingly funny,
and those who are very well hung.

Your days are numbered - 26,280 per person on average - 2,000,000,000 heartbeats ... tick, tick, tick
Ben Lahnger is offline   Reply With Quote