View Single Post
Old 09-08-2011, 01:33 PM   #93
Elystan

First post ITT, even if it was meant as a joke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elystan View Post
This thread is disgusting. Look at you all pouring scorn on your own kind in a shallow effort to differentiate yourself. I have nothing but scorn for that.
I had no idea who CC was to begin with but I'm a smart guy and now I've figured out what was going on ITT, and targeting a specific person rather than a generalised group makes the whole thing even more pathetic.

Just thought I'd contribute by acknowledging there is a real phenomenon where girls who would otherwise be considered unattractive sometimes camp it up with excessive makeup/corsets/other peripherals (I'd provide examples but that would make me a hypocrite) and it's very obvious within "goth subculture" if I may be permitted to use the term.

Now there's nothing wrong with that per se, and while I suppose maybe it is horribly sexist of me I do also feel the need to point out that that isn't the whole story, and not everyone who's female and a "goth" is a hideous beast covering it up with makeup and PVC.

And while beauty is in the eye of the beholder, judging from her profile picture there are probably quite enough beholden to CC that it shouldn't put too much of a dent in her self esteem if there are a couple of haters on the internet.
Elystan is offline   Reply With Quote