View Single Post
Old 04-22-2004, 04:21 PM   #11
comatoast

Nature vs. nurture? Are we pre-destined by our genes and chromosomes to be a certain way or is it free will that makes us what we are? Or, is it a little of both?
I tend to believe that it is a reaction to one's evironment. The things that Mael mentioned in his post would , most assuredly, play a large role in determining whether someone's outlook was "normal" or if it leaned more toward the light or dark. I am a prime example of leaning toward the dark because of a lot of things that have happened in my life.
However, I do not believe that it is not experiences alone that make one gothic in nature. One must choose to go toward the dark..or light. One may have dark inclinations but realize that it's not what society deems appropriate so one may work to stave the desire to be a nightbreed.
Conversely, if one is more prone to light, one can(over time) train ones self to be darker. Through experiences and just living.
I do not think, though; that our fates and action are determined by our heredity or genetic makeup.

Thank you

good night

This is dan rather signing off :wink:
comatoast is offline   Reply With Quote