View Single Post
Old 12-28-2012, 03:30 PM   #174
Despanan

Quote:
Originally Posted by AshleyO View Post
What's your point? You mentioned blindness; not MI. And now you're trying to bring it back to MI by saying that schizophrenia can cause blindness. That doesn't really change the nature of the discussion. People should be barred from driving because they COULD go blind? I don't get it. Anyone's body can fail for several unknown reasons. It'd be silly to walk on eggshells in real life just because our bodies can fail at any moment.
Depends on how likely they are to go blind, how bad their vision is, or have a seizure etc.

If changing the rules for someone with a mental illness is ableism, than changing the rules for someone with a physical disability is also ableism. Is restricting senior citizens from driving if they have poor eyesight or dementia ableism and ageism, or is it only ableism and ageism if their disabilities reasonably interfere with their ability to drive?

Quote:
Are you trying to say that MI people should have society at the ready to remove their agency or self determination at any moment?
People with mental illnesses aren't all the same, yo. It would be inappropriate to treat them all in the same way.

Folks who are seriously disturbed can be committed against their will. This can be done for good reasons or bad reasons.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben Lahnger
I have chugged more than ten epic boners.
Despanan is offline   Reply With Quote