View Single Post
Old 03-04-2006, 05:20 AM   #1
student

Exclamation Share your views on goth subculture

I'm a third year media student from Lincoln University, England. I'm currently writing my 10,000 word dissertation on the goth subculture, and authenticity within that.

I'm trying to get the views of as many members of this subculture as possible, and i was wondering if any of you would be kind enough to fill in a short questionnaire.

You can make the answers as long or short as you like. I'll post the questions here and you can either leave the answers as a reply to this thread or email them to me at music_slut@************.

Afraid i can't offer anything to you for doing this other than the satifaction at having helped me and the chance to share your views on an under represented subject!

Q1. Would you describe yourself as a Goth?

Q2. Why? What does Goth mean to you?

Q3. How do you like to dress during the day and at night?

Q4. Are you trying to convey a message with the way you dress? If yes, what is it?

Q5. Has your view of what a Goth is changed over the time you’ve been involved in the subculture?

Q6. What sort of music do you listen to and what do you like about it?

Q7. What do you like to do in your spare time?

Q8. How interested are you in art and literature?

Q9. What ideals do you think you share with other Goths, if any?

Q10. Would it bother you if Goth went mainstream and became a fashion trend? Why?

Q11. Is there a difference between younger Goths (12 – 17) and older Goths (18+)? If yes, what is it?

Q12. Which, if either, do you think is more important in your subculture and why: style (what you wear and how you look) or content (what you know and how you feel)?

Hope some of you are interested,

Cheers

Laura