View Single Post
Old 12-23-2010, 03:27 AM   #109
Apathy's_Child

Jill: So those are the things that brought you together. Beautiful, no? Well, no – maybe not... look, the point is, here you be, pulling in, sharing your shit like good communists. It just confirms to me that I did the right thing. It’s good to be at peace with my part in all this.

Apathy: Wait - your part? [suspiciously, finger tightening slightly on the trigger] What did you do, Jilly?

Jill: [with a radiant smile] I let the zombies into headquarters.

Apathy: [everyone gasps, stunned] You... WHAT?

Jill: [hands spread like a skinny-ass Buddha] I brought the revolution home. I shared it with you all.

INCREDULOUS PAUSE

Desp: [enraged] Jillian, you TERRIBLE CUNT!!

Jill: Just like Christ, hate me you do. But like Christ, forgive you I shall. [pauses, confused, then shakes head like a dog] No, what am I saying? That’s fucking stupid. I’M RIGHT, ‘cause I’m smarter’n you. Deal with it. [triple-snaps, pulling a bitch-face]

Desp: [losing his shit big-time, punching the wall. Sternn cheers him on] You let the fucking zombies in?! You’re telling us everyone’s fucking DEAD because of you, and you fucking TRIPLE SNAP AT ME?!!

Jill: [stops uncertainly, then points at him with a stupid smile] You mad.

KONTAN CRACKS UP LAUGHING AND POINTS AT JILLIAN APPROVINGLY, GIVING A THUMBS UP. DESPANAN PUNCHES HIM IN THE DICK AND HE FALLS TO HIS KNEES, CHOKING BUT STILL CACKLING THROUGH THE PAIN.

Jill: Look, don’t be mad, dude. I just figured it’d be, you know, cool... kinda like it might have been if we’d ever gotten our college anarchist club off the ground. [shakes head sorrowfully] Can you believe only two people at that college actually care about, like, CIVILIZATION? Sheesh. Just one more argument in favour of eugenics, amirite?

Despanan: [growling in animal rage] I will tear you limb from limb, you stupid fucking freegan hippie dipshit!

Apathy: [holding Despanan away as he flails at Jill] Look, Jilly, I'm sorry you've gone batshit insane and all, and I'm probably gonna beat your ass later, but right now we’ve gotta get out of here. We’re gonna leave by going down on the other side of the building and checking for survivors over there.

Jilly: And the revolutionaries?

Apathy: Sorry, Jill. Any ZOMBIES that get in our way are getting wasted.

Jilly: Then my place is here, Apathy. Alongside the soldiers of the good: the architects of commie love-in utopia. [sighs blissfully]

Despanan: Then we leave you here. [firmly, to the others] Don’t look at me like that. We fucking LEAVE him. He was unhinged even BEFORE we were attacked – shit, he’s the REASON we were attacked! He’s dangerous anyway, but dragging him along if he won’t even cooperate? FUCK that.

Apathy: [sighing] Desp is right. Jilly, you don’t want to come, that’s fine – fact, it’s probably for the best. We’d better get going. Good luck and try not to be so much of a dick with the anarchy stuff, huh?

Jilly: [finally opening his rapturously closed eyes and looking up at Apathy creepily] Oh, let you leave, I can’t.

Despanan: [frustrated] Dude, speak friggin’ English already!

Saya: I'm pretty sure he’s betraying us. AGAIN.

Despanan: WHAT?! [huffs angrily, glaring over at Jill] Jilly-Bean... it’s very important to me, right now, that you understand the pure bottomless depths that are my loathing for you. That’s not a mistake. I MEANT to say depths, plural, rather than depth, singular. Are you beginning to understand the boundlessness of my enmity?

Jill: [nodding sagely] Think so, I do. Speak clearly, I sometimes struggle purple hippo r.aping a capitalist anarchy eugenics fine with private schools BRAAAGGGGGGH!

Apathy: [snapping fingers in front of him] Jilly! C’mon. Focus. How and why’re you betraying us NOW? Is this still that bullshit with the sharing and the revolution?

Jill: No, no. Misunderstand me as always you do so wilfully. If I let you leave, you’ll kill the undead. Destroy my revolutionaries, you will! You might as well join the police and perpetrate acts of brutality on innocent protestors, willy-nilly! [roars] You’re traitors to the cause!

Apathy: [incredulous to the point of being slightly impressed] Dude... you’re fucking insane.

JILL LETS OUT A CRAZED SHRIEKING LAUGH, THEN LIFTS A HAND LIKE AN EFFEMINATE SOCERER AND YELLS.

Jill: Ernesto! Lenin! Stalin! Trotsky! My babies – come and tear at the flesh of the unbelieving masses, with their CONSISTENCY and their LOGIC and their COHESIVE THOUGHT PATTERNS. [pulls a face as he says the words; as he finishes, the zombies he has called emerge from the shadows behind him. There are four of them: Renatus, Carakitty, Humane and Geo]

Saya: [dismayed] Aw, shit! You guys too?

Apathy: [motioning them all into formation as they cluster behind him, weapons pointed outwards] Group together. DON’T panic and scatter.

Despanan: [pointing angrily at Jill, who’s standing behind the advancing zombies with his eyes closed, arms raised heavenward and the beatific smile back on his face] How come they’re not attacking HIM?

Kontan: [staring at Jill] Dude... that is freaky.

THE ZOMBIES ATTACK THE GROUP. APATHY BLOWS GEO’S HEAD OFF. AS SHE GOES DOWN, BEHIND HER, SAYA LEAPS ON RENATUS WITH A BLOOD-CURDLING WAR CRY AND STABS HIM THROUGH THE FOREHEAD WITH THE PEN.

Apathy: Saya! For fuck’s sake, would you use the meat cleaver?

Saya: I prefer the pen. [shrugs as Renatus falls] Got used to it.

Apathy: It could break on you at any moment! It’s a fucking death trap!

Saya: [indignantly] Look, sometimes a woman needs to spread her wings and experience new –

IS CUT OFF BY DESPANAN’S KUNG FU NOISES.

Despanan: [advancing on Carakitty with a series of flourishes, spins and high kicks] Woooo-TAH! [chopping] Hup hup hup! HIIII-YAH!! [she watches him approach, snarling but otherwise as nonplussed as the others, and jumps him when he finally chops at her forehead; they topple over together as he shrieks, then both go limp. Kontan runs over and pulls Carakitty, who is still twitching slightly from the bread knife in her head, off Despanan. Desp sits up shakily]

Kontan: [tossing Carakitty aside where she now lies still] You okay, Desp?

Despanan: [blinking at him, dazed] Take me in your arms, Luke.

Kontan: What? [leans in and kicks him, hissing] DUDE!

Despanan: Huh? [blinking and rubbing the lump on his temple, now more awake] Shit, my head... where’s my fucking knife?

BEHIND THEM, JACK AND STERNN ARE FIGHTING HUMANE. THEY SLAM HIM HARD INTO A WALL ON THE OTHER SIDE OF THE ROOM AND APATHY BLOWS HIS HEAD OFF.

Apathy: [through the silence] Everyone okay? [assenting murmurs are heard] Okay, now back to – [looks around] Where the fuck is Jillian?

Kontan: [looking around] Shit. He must’ve skipped out while we were busy with these guys.

Despanan: Aw, FUCK-CAKES! [has crawled over to Carakitty and is yanking his knife from her head] I really, REALLY wanted to waste him, man. Like... REALLY.

Apathy: Goddamnit! [calms down and looks around, thinking as he talks] Okay, so we’re ALREADY in Gnet headquarters, surrounded by zombies, and now we’ve discovered that JILLY is not only fucking bugshit crazy and HELPING the undead, he also seems to be able to COMMAND them. They don’t attack him. They come when called. He’s like their fucking cult leader, somehow – and we have no idea why. All we know is, something REALLY fucking weird is going on. [looks up at them decisively] I’m going to do what I should have done the second we stepped through that door. Come on. We’re going to see if he who is everyone is still alive.

Saya: [realizing what he means] The Jam Room!

Jack: You mean... the supreme commander of Gnet?

Apathy: Yeah. Come on. If he’s still around, he’ll be able to shed some light on what’s happening here. [they exit; Kontan and Despanan hang back for a couple of seconds]

Kontan: [hissing] Dude, you hear that? He Who is Everyone is TOTALLY gonna tell the others it was us who summoned KammadinniBOOYAH!

Despanan: Shitfuck! What do we do?

Kontan: I say we make a break for it. C’mon. Let’s just bail.

Despanan: No way – this place is crawling! We split off from the others, we’ll get our asses killed in under five minutes! SHIT! [pounds the wall]

Kontan: Awww, fuck. [squares up] We’re just gonna have to face the music if he spills. You never know, maybe he’ll go easy on us. I mean, he IS us, just as much as he’s everyone else.

Despanan: [ forcing himself to calm down] Yeah. You’re right. Maybe he’ll cut us a break. He’s a pretty chill guy, right?

Kontan: [obviously no more convinced than Desp] Sure. C’mon. [they follow the others, leaving the stairwell deserted]

Witches have no wit, said the magician who was weak.
Hula, hula, said the witches. - Norman Mailer
Apathy's_Child is offline   Reply With Quote