Thread: Supernatural
View Single Post
Old 05-11-2010, 08:06 PM   #22
gothicusmaximus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Despanan View Post
How much of it have you actually watched? The CW definitely tries to promote it like their usual network cheese (insisting upon catch-ups to every episode, and playing up the fanservice and down on the actual mythology) and I admit, they can be a little heavy handed with their themes from time to time, but how can you call it un-nuanced?... episode summaries...
Granted, I've probably seen fewer than a season's worth of Supernatural episodes. Some friends of mine are fans, so sometime's they'll have popped in a netflix'd DVD when I roll by to shoot the shit.
Honestly, each of the episodes you described can be paired with a similar episode of the X-Files, which show, during its decline, is what Supernatural recalls for me more than anything else. I'm not saying it's completely retarded and never features any remotely competent writing, it's just roundly mediocre.

Quote:
Certainly better than anything to be found on The Vampire Diaries, Gossip Girl, or 90210.
Well, sure, but those shows are pretty fucking bad. I'm not watching them instead. Have you seen AMC's dramas? Those are just on basic cable.
gothicusmaximus is offline   Reply With Quote