Thread: Rant Thread II
View Single Post
Old 10-16-2010, 04:11 PM   #4535
Saya

Quote:
Originally Posted by honeythorn View Post
Well maybe try the Implant if you haven't already? It has been ok for me so far, and you can always have it removed if it doesn't suit you . Or maybe the injection ?

I feel absolutely fine and as I say the longer lighter period thing is the only real downside to it. But that's got to be better than heavy and moodiness I should think !

Slightly erratic periods seem to be common with the implant and also the nuva ring ( which I believe contain the same or similar ingredients as the implant? ) and I have experienced a couple of no shows/delays , no real trouble at all.

I'm a pretty forgetful person and for me pills were a nightmare on that account. I wasn't seeing anyone at the time of taking them fortunately, so as soon as I got with my boyfriend ( and before getting in the sack) I switched to the implant. You obviously can't fail/forget to take it in any way , and if you throw up or get the shits it will still work since it hasn't had to lurk about in your digestive system and get hurled out either end if you're ill .

Its the needle and the idea of having it under my skin that grosses me out. Thats an odd thought because ideally I'd like an IUD, but I'm so afraid of needles the idea of having a metallic cross shoved up my cervix is more appealing. But a lot of doctors won't give one to women who haven't given birth yet, not that I've approach a doctor about it just yet, I'd want the low hormonal one which is too expensive and I don't know if its covered. I've been thinking about the nuva ring though, just gotta go to the doctor soon, perhaps after midterms.
Saya is offline   Reply With Quote