View Single Post
Old 02-09-2012, 06:01 AM   #354
CuckooTuli

It kind of mystifies me that we've made romantic love into one of the cornerstones of western culture, when it's the most unreliable, intransient kind when compared to deep friendships and family love. I've been with my boyfriend for nearly five years and people find it weird that we don't spend Christmas together; there's this assumption that once you have a partner, they should dominate every significant occasion and decision. Yet out of everyone you're close to right now, they're the least likely to still be in your life a few years down the line.

That's what I don't get. The rest of it's mostly fucking and arguing about music; pretty straightforward once you figure out the forumla is, there is no formula... mostly just hormones & egos.
"Friends are allowed to make mistakes. The enemy is not allowed to make mistakes because his whole existence is a mistake, and we suffer from it. But the women's liberation front and gay liberation front are our friends, they are our potential allies, and we need as many allies as possible.” - Huey Newton
CuckooTuli is offline   Reply With Quote