Thread: Supernatural
View Single Post
Old 10-20-2010, 03:15 PM   #63
Apathy's_Child

Souns like an itch you can't stop scratching, Desp. I get that that you like the concept (I actually did too, and having brothers myself, I think the most potentially interesting avenues were neglected there...... but that's just my shit talking). However, bottom line: they fucked the dog.

y personal advice: write it the way yoiu think it should be written, take some ideas from the prctice for your own concepts, and leave it behinmd like the steaming turd it turned into. The stories were fine (and couls have been great at times), but afce it - the writing and execution were shit-awful.

William Faulkner: "All writing is plagiarism."
Cormac McCathy: "The ugly fact is that books are made from other books."

I'm not saying there's nothing of worth to be taken from it - just that there's a time when you need to let shit go. And I'm only saying this because I think you actually write better than them. (All right, don't wank over it.)

Try a screenplay - seriously, after playwriting, it's hella fun to to just write whatever the hell yuo want without having to be mindful of budget. You see it, there it is on the page. Even if y0ou never do anything with it, it's enjoyable, and good practie.

Witches have no wit, said the magician who was weak.
Hula, hula, said the witches. - Norman Mailer
Apathy's_Child is offline   Reply With Quote