View Single Post
Old 07-01-2020, 11:55 AM   #7
TrivialMorose

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkanddecadent View Post
Hi, I'm sure. Its a decorative style.
Swell. I'll take your expert's word for it.

Quote:
i used to be on the old board, maybe 15 years ago.
Wow, an ancient one from before recorded history! Very nice. And you even replied to me... I feel so alive right now!

Quote:
i just threw out a load of print outs of old threads. I was going to scan them for posterity but i assume they are already archived in the web somewhere.
'tis a tragedy. If I understand correctly you mean the board that preceded the current one. The current forum goes back to somewhere around 04-03, or something like that... And even in those early years, there happened some big purge of threads, maybe... I might've imagined that part... I'm very good at creating false memories... but anyway,

I may be wrong, again, but from my short foray into the old GNet through the Wayback Machine, it seems to me the old forum was never archived, and in my experience the Wayback Machine is the largest internet archive and I've never had extra luck with any other similar service...
If somebody knows better, they can point out my foolishness and throw a link?

So, yeah. Sad that you trashed them. Would have been interesting. But then again, if they reminded you of this place, and if you are here to stay, a warm body is worth more than all the old threads in the world. Welcome very much. Right now I'm the only one haunting this sorry graveyard, haha, and I'm at least slightly mad........
TrivialMorose is offline   Reply With Quote