Thread: Rap Music
View Single Post
Old 10-02-2005, 09:19 PM   #47
Demonista_Ravenesque

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shemjazza
The Two things about Rap that annoy me are:
1: Loops. they drive me insane. if there was some kind of progression rather then the same innane hook over and over then i might be able to aprecciate it. I know that this does not apply to ALL Rap, but it infuriates me none the less.

2: Lack of morallity. i may be considered by some to be the incarnation of evil or some simmilar load of shit, but i do have strong moral values, even if they are not those spouted by the illiterate hick Christan Right. Therefore, hate the idea of kids idolising those who preach the 'Gangsta' way of life, 'pimping biatches' (ie degrading women to the level of pieces of meat) and 'poping caps in peoples asses' (ie killing people for some unjustified reason)
this is apsolutly pathetic. I would spit on those who market this tripe, but that it would dirty my spit.
Shem...The second part is not all true...The lowbrow 'Gangsta pimpin guns furry jackets bling biznatches' is just the mainstream part of rap...You can still call it music but you can't exactly appreciate it because of it's low lyrical contents. It's not all rappers that talk about that sort of random gangsta crap. I mean, the RZA do talk about it but they're also bringing out the issue of discrimination against blacks in the corrupted justic force thing....um, yeah.
There's a whole lot of other rap artists that don't talk about being gangsta, most of them only talk about it to get media attention so they can get famous and rich...blah blah blah, I'm done here

Hier sind doch irgendwo kinder versteckt
Demonista_Ravenesque is offline   Reply With Quote