View Single Post
Old 12-13-2011, 11:50 PM   #212
Despanan

So, my friend Molly Knefel was on Keith Olbermann tonight:

http://current.com/shows/countdown/v...eting-tweeters

Her brother was arrested by the NYPD for taking pictures on monday, and he was in jail for over 30 hours. (Just got out like, maybe an hour ago)

Also: Here's an interview I did about Occupy Wall Street with Comedian/Activist Jon Savoy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon Savoy
Occupy Wall Street is like Fight Club: it was on the tip of everyone’s tongues, and they just gave it a name. We were all already thinking this, but we didn’t know what it was until it was here. The difference is that the first and second rule is you have to talk about it constantly. You don’t like something about it? Great, go down there and make your voice heard. You like this but you don’t like the approach? Go down there and influence the approach. You’d be surprised how easy it is. When you’re there, when you talk, people listen. [Comedian/Activist] Ted Alexandro called it a ‘Farmer’s Market for the Soul,’ and it is. You go down there and talk? People you’d dismiss, other people on the street, who you’d think: ‘they’re ignorant, they’re idiots’? You go down there, you’ll be amazed at the intelligence and the erudition. People really have thought about these things, but it just never comes up in conversation, or it does come up in conversation but people just don’t want to talk about it because they’ve just been beaten down with the hopelessness, with fears that the system is too big to fight, it’s too big to change…
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben Lahnger
I have chugged more than ten epic boners.
Despanan is offline   Reply With Quote