View Single Post
Old 07-01-2012, 07:47 AM   #3671
Renatus

Location: Back in Wisconsin(thinking about invading the south)
We had a wasp nest outside under one of the deck chairs, we tried spraying it with a bunch of things to get rid of them. We've dealt with several of this set of wasps' nests but this one was the most persistent. Nothing worked. So I came up with the final solution. I completely covered every inch of my body, and wore a face mask with lab splash goggles, and of course my boots.

I went out there, tried setting the nest on fire. It worked for a bit but it kept going out before it finished the job and it wasn't easy to light the matches with gloves on. At this point I had gotten used to and felt safe in the fact that I was untouchable to the wasps. So I just went and crushed part of the wasps nest between my fingers. The larvae and everything inside burst and were quite juicy I suppose you could say, and the juice was oddly quite red. But at this point I realized it would still take too long(not to mention the gloves were stained by the juice) and it was getting hot with a scarf around my head(to keep them from getting in the gaps in the hood), so I just thought to hell with it, picked it up, and crushed it underneath my boot. The wasps have since disappeared quite quickly it would seem.

Is this the final victory we had been hoping for? or will they make a new nest somewhere else on the deck now? stay tuned.

"Never overestimate the intellect of someone so foolish that they would exploit and perpetuate stupidity in the people around them, for they create their own damnation as they tear out and sell the pillars that support society as a whole, bringing it crashing down upon them."-me

“I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.”- Einstein
Renatus is offline   Reply With Quote