View Single Post
Old 04-02-2006, 04:09 AM   #30
Ben Lahnger

A TRIP TO TENERIFE - 23

Sent : Saturday, February 11, 2006 12:02 PM
Subject : Saturday part 6

and finally, what do I see here? More STAIRS!

Well, at least I was close ... to MORE STAIRS!

Ah, finally, just a gentle grade up the hill ...

and I arrive at the hotel ... home, sweet home-away-from-home!

Thank goodness there's an elevator up to our room on the 4th floor!

And this is why I don't have to worry about the calories I take in while I'm on vacation. I'm definitely working them off!

Dad and I went back downtown tonight for supper. We ate at Maga Restaurante, where I had onion soup (yep, I've developed a taste for the stuff), Canarian salty potatos and chicken with Canarian hot sauce. Yum! Dad had the skewered beef.

On the way back I mentioned the e-mails I sent earlier today. He couldn't believe I'd done it and said there weren't really that many stairs. I said, "Well, let's count them." So I just started counting each set of steps, each of which is probably 6 to 10 steps. When I got to the 9th set, he said "I didn't realise there were that many. Now you're making me tired!" The final count, including the set of stairs leading up to our hotel lobby - 13 flights of stairs ... just in case anyone thought I was exagerating earlier. :-)

Tomorrow or Monday, Dad and I will go get our picture taken in front of the thousand year old Dragon tree, or "El Drago" as the locals call it.

PLEASE RESERVE COMMENTS UNTIL I COMPLETE POSTING ALL THE ENTRIES.
Ben Lahnger is offline   Reply With Quote