View Single Post
Old 03-25-2014, 10:45 AM   #33
ape descendant

I'm still here with ya MoC. Not sure how comforting that's going to be. Not sure how much help I'll be or what I'll have to contribute. I'm pretty exhausted talking about r-pe culture while having to live in it and deal with the consequences it inflicts on the people in my life.

As far as "political correctness" goes, I think the words used are misleading. It's pretty much having empathy for those who face different challenges than we do, hearing them out and doing what we can to ease them a bit. My sockets can barely contain the rolling of my eyes when people get all paranoid about it, as it demonstrates in inability to entertain ideas in which one is not already entrenched.

I mean, one of the biggest advantages of critical thinking, is that it allows us to turn it inward and question all the crap in our own minds. Allowing us to sharpen our own thoughts, correct our own opinions so we can understand the stink of our own shit.

Of course, it isn't a path for the weak of mind or heart, you have to be intelligent enough to follow things to an actually reasonable conclusion, and one has to have the ability to step outside their own little limited sphere to embrace the experiences of others.

Also, I wouldn't fuck with Alan, who is easily the most intelligent person on this board.

Be Kind
ape descendant is offline   Reply With Quote