View Single Post
Old 03-30-2006, 04:03 PM   #41
Empty_Purple_Stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pathogen.
EDIBLE_EYE: This is possibly the 1st instance where you & I are on seperate sides of an issue. And this post will probably result in us becoming enemies. It will also possibly result in me leaving this messageboard for good.

I'm willing to risk it.

I've already laid down my response to 4MyTribe's 2 posts regarding the immigrant-rights protests. I stand by them. Immigrants [undocumented or otherwise] have every right to tell the powers that be how they should be treated; they obey the same laws & pay taxes yearly like U.$.-born citizens do. The only difference is: They don't don't want to do anything to jeopardise their immigration-status. They've cautiously avoided any kind of open political dissent [street protests] because it would do such. Until now. Until a Midwestern G.O.P. senator devised/released House Resolution 4437 last Fall.

I respectfully disagree with your rather nativist/patriotic response to this issue.

And far as I'm concerned, NO ONE IS "ILLEGAL".

Don't feel bad Pathogen, I agree with you on this issue.

That is why I have refrained from participating in this discussion, it hits way too close to home for me.

My son is Half-Mexican, and I was raised by an Illegal Alien from El Salvador. Which she remained until Reagan granted Amnesty in the Eighties.

But please don't leave over this.

Not everyone agrees with the opinions here okay?

And believe me this thread and some of the sentiments expressed in it make me friggin ill.

If I can find the rant I wrote on the issue a few months ago I will link it for you here.

Just know you are not alone on this issue.

I can't speak for others, only myself.
Empty_Purple_Stars is offline   Reply With Quote