View Single Post
Old 11-01-2004, 02:07 PM   #82
Loy

Wolf-and I appologise for jumping towards the Smith & Wesson.

Sternn-Which clan are you from? Which county? And if the citizens of Eire are so close, do you have any cool stories of getting plastered with U2, or good-old-Sinead, or even My Bloody Valentine? Sorry, but your statement reeks of....well, bullshit. I mean you're talking about a country with a population similar to any major metropolitan area here in the US. Now, I live in Seattle, and as many people I know here (both personally and extranously), I know my little Friendster-like circle of acquaintances/friends/etc wouldn't even come close to HALF of the population up here...even if I went by 10 degrees of separation. And I am personally aquainted with almost every bartender in town (which makes people want to talk to me...if only to get stronger drinks).

And as for your knowledge of the "Irish Heart"...OK, I'm guessing you're just as brazen about your pro-IRA stance in public as you are here. Now, people around you know you're pro-IRA, maybe a little pro-active for the cause...do you really think people are (for the most part) going to be totally upfront with you about what they think about the "problems" (which, as my friend just told me the other day when I called her up, are nowhere near as bad as the problems she saw when she came to visit me)? I mean, say I'm sitting in a bar, and some Guido walks up to me, hand in jacket, and says "hey, you got a problem with the mob?". Do you REALLY think I'm going to say "yes I do"?...well, I probably would 'cause I can be a dumbass at times...but most people WOULDN'T. Again, please keep your cognative dissonance in check.

As for your remark about Seattles distance from Eire....let me throw the question back at you-what fucking right do you have to assume all Americans are the way you describe us as being, if you chickened out of staying here for any major length of time? And what right do you have for speaking for the many, many non-americans around the world? See, this is my major beef with you-you like putting people into little, easy-to-describe boxes. Me being a 30 year....err, "21" year old, I've lived long enough to know that not everybody is alike. I mean, hell, I'm Filipino, Sicilian, Geman, Polish, Zulu, and Blackfoot. (and my youngest boy's mom is Irish and Jewish, while the oldest's mom is French, Scottish, and Swedish....which means that I've forbidden them from going to either Mississippi or Tennesse until they can handle small arms decently). As proud as I am of my multiple heritages, I know that I cannot speak for the Filipino community, or the Blackfoot tribe, or the extended Sicilian family. Know why? Because I'm not their leader, and none of them have ever asked me to be. And to be honest, I'm glad. I don't want to be in the position of trying to tie down everybody into a bundle of constrictive types, which is what you're trying to do. I mean, hell, look at the americans on this board....can you say that I'm exactly like .batterypoison., or Alkilya, or Wolfmoon, or Teapotscar, ad infinitum and vice versa? No, but I don't toss out the "you're different from me" line as an excuse to dismiss them (and I'm guessing they don't do the same with me...I am willing to be wrong, though), and in fact, the fact that they ARE different from me, and articulate about why they are who they are is what makes me respect them....I guess what I'm calling you out on being is a hypocrite-you say you're against insularity and stereotyping and dominance of one group over another, yet you're guilty of doing exactly those things. You're just as bad as all those anti-fag-and-modern-society republicans, and it sucks for the posters on this board because WE are (I think. I know I am) trying to reach a point where we agree more than disagree, and where we can understand each others point of view. You, on the other hand, are just a reactionary guttersnipe that's no better than that pissed off pubescant who's angry because he's not getting laid enough, whose every remark lack any kind of thought or critical understanding, and are just a bunch of reactionary statements and half-formed facts. I take their opinions with a pound of salt, just like yours.

And this goes into the Sinn Fein thing....see, Sinn Fein were the ones that came out and basically said "this violence-and-terrorism thing...it's bullshit, and we're sorry that it's gotten to this point. We can't repair the damage we've done, but we'd like to start changing to make a better Ireland". Does thi excuse their past? Not really. Does this mean they're any less Pro-Ireland. Hell no! It just means that they figured out that there ARE other ways of working towards your goal. (Hell, when those fucktard rogue IRA members broke the cease-fire back in '98, wasn't it the Sinn Fein that went after the perpetrators? Why...in fact it WAS.) See, they grew up and learned how to listen and communicate. And I am asking...PLEADING...for you to do the same.

Al-I...I...you're not supposed to make me blush, god-damnit!!!