View Single Post
Old 08-30-2005, 04:45 PM   #64
Binkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter
Hmm, but the Patriot Act powers with regards to libraries have already been (mis)used, so the analogy isn't apt.
First:
I wasn't trying to build an analogy with the story. Just demonstrating that many of the criticised powers of the Patriot Act do not get that much use. In this case, it's only been once for obtaining library records, and just recently (this month).

Second:
Citing that the use of Section 215 of the Patriot Act was a misuse of power in this case to request library records from a library in Connecticut is a little premature, considering that the ACLU and the media are not able to cite the "who, what, where, when, or whys" of the investigation at this point in time.
"[Brian Blair] was a punk. I can break his fucking back - break his back and make him humble and then fuck his ass ... Suplex him, put him in a camel clutch, break his back, and fuck his ass - make him humble. Teach him to respect the Iron Sheik. And I didn't do it, because for the God and Jesus, and Mr. McMahon." -Khosrow Vaziri (The Iron Sheik)
Binkie is offline   Reply With Quote