View Single Post
Old 07-30-2011, 03:51 AM   #19
Beowulf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben Lahnger View Post
A reboot can be a good thing (example - the recent Star Trek movie, which opened up an entire new universe of storytelling ideas) or a bad thing.

My sense is that since this is basically just a naked marketing ploy, it's bound to be a bad thing.

Saya, I don't know more about how the Batverse will be affected. I was reading some online, but there's so much speculation that it's hard to separate fact from fiction.

Here's another of my complaints. This YouTube clip from May of 2008 features an interview with DCU publisher Dan DiDio, from the New York Comic Con, talking about Power Girl:

Dan DiDio talks Powergirl

"You know, Power Girl is the one character that people have asked the most about, for why we haven't done an ongoing series with her." - Dan DiDio, 2008

Three years later (after an interesting ride for the character and an unusual story arc which is going to come to an unnatural end due to running out of time), not so much now.

Straight up, DiDio pisses me off, and I don't trust him with the DCU any more.

Ben,

The Star Trek film was good, and made a very good prequel, and it had Leonard Nimoy !!!.
live the gods of yesterday.

Be excellent to one another !!!.
Beowulf is offline   Reply With Quote