View Single Post
Old 11-20-2011, 11:13 PM   #102
Miss Absynthe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Versus View Post
I kind of feel like an asshole for saying this, and I'm sure I'll get flak for it, but:

All this "police brutality" crap is really annoying me. It's just fucking pepper spray.
I do understand what you are saying - my Dad is a cop and has worked his whole career in an area in Sydney called Kings Cross, which is the center of the known criminal universe on this side of the planet. Consequently I have a very real idea of the risk that police take just by turning up to work every day. I also have a background in psych nursing, and this has given me an understanding of what it can take to stay safe in certain situations and the fact that at times you have to hit hard and fast to stop a situation from careening out of control.

But, this is not a case of rioting students throwing chairs through windows. This was an 84 year old person who was pepper-sprayed in the face - seriously. I thought that one of the things that American's were proud about was that people had the right to free speech and the right to protest. If people are no longer allowed to protest against perceived injustice then what other recourse do they have?
Miss Absynthe is offline   Reply With Quote