View Single Post
Old 04-15-2006, 06:01 AM   #6
CptSternn

That is true. It's much like the gun ownership argument. Those who buy guns legally have all their paperwork sent to the federal government, while if you buy a gun secondhand or at a gun show, you never have to sign any documents. Therefore, only the average joe is swept up in the governments big brother tactics.

People who want to keep out of the net, will, and people who want to keep out of the net are the people the government are SUPPOSED to be going after, not the average joe.

But thats what bothers me personally. I mean, I'M not worried about myself particularly, but 90% of the country that isn't smart enough to have anti-virus software on their PC also can't figure out SSH, PGP, or any basic security systems. Therefore, those who want to break the law and subvert the all seeing eyes of big brother do so with impunity, while the average american suffers for being ignorant.

It's once again an attack on the common man. Thats what irks me. The laws are designed, along with the enforcers of said law, to go after the little man. These laws and techniques have no bearing on any real terrorist activity or the 'war on terror'. These laws and systems merely allow the government to get inside the minds of the masses, to allow them to see what they want, possibly manipulate information, much like the whole J. Edgar Hoover FBI files on celebs and other politicians and Nixon and his tapes and Watergate - they get information thats out there and sitting - not what they claim to use it for.

Bin Laden isn't making calls to people in the states, and he doesn't send out emails. But most americans do.

Much like the 'patriot act', which when was under congressional review they pointed out was used like 1,500 times in criminal prosecution cases, but only 12 times for terrorism cases - it shows the new 'powers' and all this 'surveillence', is NOT to watch those who want to harm the US, but to allow the government to crack down on its own people.

They used the patiot act to arrest Gotti Jr. for running an illegal bookmaking business. Thats right, betting on american football was such a crime they had to bypass common laws and use terrorism tools to fight those who would place bets on american football, baseball, and other sports.

Then they say they need to tap everyones phone to stop terrrorists, while like you mention, terrorists, and most computer savvy individuals, can easily circumvent all their efforts. Whos left in the drag net? The average american who will get stuck for whatever it is the government thinks is 'wrong'.

Then they are placed into the legal system, their right to vote is taken away so they can't fight back, their finaces are drained by the state, and they are added to the growing prison society, the largest in the world already, in america.

The whole time the rich and wealth sit back and don't have to worry, as if you have the money in america, you can buy your way out of any crime. I could list such trials as OJ, Jacko, etc. but the bottom line is its yet another tool to help keep the poor down and take away their ability to create change in the upper echelon of society.

The rich get richer, the poor get poorer, and those who run america, the corporations and their boards continue to run things unabated.

Land of the ow3nd, home of the enslaved.

</rant>
CptSternn is offline   Reply With Quote