Thread: Rant Thread II
View Single Post
Old 08-13-2012, 05:10 PM   #7678
Solumina

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saya View Post
The reason doctors are loathe to do it for young women is pretty much they don't want to be sued if the women change their minds later in life and say "I was young and impressionable! You should have known better!". Fear of malpractice charges actually dictate a lot of what doctors do, its part of the reason c-section rates are so high, might as well haul the baby out that way rather than wait forever and risk something going wrong.
So true, although I have heard that this is less true with military doctors, I don't know if they have more protection from malpractice claims or what. I may have better luck getting this done now, I haven't had a chance to ask a doctor about it yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saya View Post
Solumina, have you considered depo provera? There are side effects that might make it not worth it, but my sister was in the same boat and went on depo for a year, and it took another year for everything started up again, so she was two years without a period. Bad thing was it made her really depressed.
I wish I could but I have to be really careful about hormones due to a condition with my right ovary.

Quote:
Originally Posted by honeythorn View Post
I'd have thought there'd be something to sign really, or perhaps some sort of test or counselling session ,to confirm you know the risks and understand . If not then there should be.

Seems a bit mental that you could sue a doctor, because they "should" have been psychic enough to magically know you were going to change your mind ( if you did )
You would think. I could understand hesitance performing such a procedure on an 18 year old who has never had a long term relationship but I'm 25 and married to the man I have been with for 7 years, my view on family is extremely unlikely to change.

Oh well at least I'm better now, the first two or three days are the only bad ones, after that the cramps are mostly gone and the bleeding is fairly light.
Live a life evolutionary with me
-Carbon Leaf
Solumina is offline   Reply With Quote