View Single Post
Old 05-01-2012, 08:07 AM   #20
CuckooTuli

Ah, okay. I read the whole thing but fairly hurriedly, so I guess it's possible that having been on the other side of a mending-is-better-than-ending debate with Saya before, i was just seeing what I expected to see.

Despanan - you seemed to touch upon both of these viewpoints in your arguments, but I'm curious as to which one dominates your thinking on the subject the most. Is your argument that OWS is all kinds of -ist in the same way as the society that spawned it, but that attempts are being made to deal with this as effectively as possible, and that meanwhile we can't throw away the movement because it isn't completely utopian (because how can it be, when it's the direct result of rampant injustice that breeds social poison)? Or simply that these problems exist, but not on the scale that a biased media would have us believe, and are usually isolated incidents?
"Friends are allowed to make mistakes. The enemy is not allowed to make mistakes because his whole existence is a mistake, and we suffer from it. But the women's liberation front and gay liberation front are our friends, they are our potential allies, and we need as many allies as possible.” - Huey Newton
CuckooTuli is offline   Reply With Quote