View Single Post
Old 11-22-2004, 09:19 PM   #99
MrMaelstrom

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlKilyu

Lost because the U.S. tried to warn Japan that they were going to do that and the goverment shose to ignore it.
Al qaeda has already warned the US countless times that they're going to strike on US soil. When/if it happens, it won't be any less barbaric.

"That's more than can be said for Pearl Harbor."

Spin goes both ways. If you see the political and strategic outset at the time, it was only a matter of time 'till those two clashed. Given that premisse, Pearl Harbour was nothing less than a preemptive strike (where did I hear that before?). Is it any less of a cowardly act? No.

So, killing military people in a yet undeclared war vs. killing hundreds of thousands of civilians in a declared war.... We're not going to get anywhere with this, I can tell you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlKilyu
"The insurgents, or "Freedom Fighters", which are aptly named because that's what they are fighting, Iraq's freedom, are made up of foreign fighters. Like Palestine, there are outside influences here. Like the WTO protests that had anarchists who were there for NO OTHER REASON than to cause chaos, like the Democratic Party having people like Michael Moore "representing" it, these are all causes being marred by those who could care let about their cause. The insurgents are not these oppressed people fighting a good cause, they are trouble makers hiding under that banner. In doing what they are doing, they want people to only see the horror, horror that THEY caused. So when people like Sternn and others here feed off that, and use it as ammo for their cause, it disturbs me.

WTO protesters? Where the fuck did that come from now?
But if you want to go that way, ratification of the Kyoto protocol is enough reason for me to go start shit at any of those meetings, not to mention genetically altered food and other such notions so easily dismissed untill one day we're paying for bottled air.