View Single Post
Old 10-08-2006, 03:05 AM   #24
c130

I got it done, woo! And it looks awsome. Can't photograph it yet tho, camera's out of action. >_>

What an experience for my first piercing, lmao. Was really nervous going to get it done, tried not to show it though. Was led into a tiny little room just big enough to hold a two-foot-wide flat bed thing, the table of tools, and the piercer herself. Lay down, nose almost pressed against the wall, and she drew the marks. Didn't feel the pen, just her fingers. Had no anaesthetic. Then she poked the needle through the first hole, then the second, in one go, which felt really wierd but didn't hurt excruciatingly. I didn't hear the pop or crunch noise that other people have experienced, but that might be related to how she told me my cartrige is the thinnest she's ever pierced, lmao. So she threaded the bar through, screwed the end bit on, and un-crumpled my ear (which really did hurt). Two minutes from start to finish. Took longer for her to do my friend's lobes; I don't think they do too many traditional piercings these days.

Nearly fainted after being on my feet after it for a minute though lol. The world went dark and I kinda stumbled down onto a stool while my friend was done. Felt fine after that, then stood up and nearly fainted again on the way out the shop (the piercer I went to is a tiny little place called Tribe 4 right at the back of a mosher store in glasgow, about 30 metres from the door, so a real gauntlet for someone almost blacking out...) So I sat outside the door like a homeless person to recover while she went to buy me some water. It wasn't that it hurt, because it didn't, it was just the shock that overcame me lol. I'm such a freaking wuss. :3