View Single Post
Old 04-12-2006, 01:11 PM   #14
Binkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by CptSternn
And once again I point out, that the original stats had related deaths. Heart attacks, stroke, and heart disease don't just 'happen'. When you remove those stats from the people who died from being obsese (which is actually rated differently than being 'over-weight') the numbers do drop significantly.

I however still maintain that it's still the same factors, therefore, it's not junk science. Healthy lifestyles are not an 'urban legend'.
Related? I can find you someone who weighs 140 pounds and still dies of a heart attack from eatting too much of a certain kind of food. I can assure you they did not die of obesity. Just because someone weighs 250 lbs and dies from the same diet, that doesn't mean they died from obesity. Figuring it that way is indeed "junk science."
"[Brian Blair] was a punk. I can break his fucking back - break his back and make him humble and then fuck his ass ... Suplex him, put him in a camel clutch, break his back, and fuck his ass - make him humble. Teach him to respect the Iron Sheik. And I didn't do it, because for the God and Jesus, and Mr. McMahon." -Khosrow Vaziri (The Iron Sheik)
Binkie is offline   Reply With Quote