View Single Post
Old 08-28-2011, 07:26 PM   #78
Ben Lahnger

Okay, several places on the internet, including Newsarama, are reporting on yesterday's DC Comics New 52 panel at Fan Expo Canada. Here's the Newsarama link:

Fan Expo '11: DC COMICS - THE NEW 52 Panel (JSA Returns!)

The three highlights I want to mention are as follows:

1) James Robinson confirmed that he is working on a new Justice Society project with artist Nicola Scott, and that the parallel world Earth-2 will make a return. The crowd erupted into thunderous applause. - First bit of good news to come out of this ill-conceived marketing ploy, as far as I'm concerned.

2) Brian Azzarello spoke with gusto about Wonder Woman #1, written by him with art by Cliff Chiang. He reiterated the horror focus of the story. “This is not the Wonder Woman that you'll recognize from before besides the costume,” he said. “I've said this is a horror book and I'm sticking to that.” Brooding panels by Chiang were shown to the crowd, including a nighttime shot of Wonder Woman fending off, presumably, an intruder in her bedroom, reinforced the statement. - Sounds dumb to me. Let's hope they don't have her fighting off tentacles.

3) Dan DiDio said one of the stupidest things (in a long, long list - I've been counting) I've heard him say: Frankenstein is sci-fi, with a little black humor introduced by way of the title monster's role as the best straight man in comics, “because he literally has no sense of humor,” says DiDio. “You put all these funny situations around him and all he does is grunt.” - My god, the man has no clue.

As the poets have mournfully sung,
death takes the innocent young,
the rolling in money,
the screamingly funny,
and those who are very well hung.

Your days are numbered - 26,280 per person on average - 2,000,000,000 heartbeats ... tick, tick, tick
Ben Lahnger is offline   Reply With Quote