View Single Post
Old 07-18-2012, 01:27 PM   #3719
honeythorn

I don't want to count my dragons before they've hatched, but Titus can sort of sit up now. He's wobbly like he's pissed, but he can sit up almost normally and slightly hop about a bit ( he falls over quite a lot still ). Hopefully this will mean he won't piss and shit all over himself as much.

And Once he's finished his course of Panacur I'll take him back to the vet. The vet originally said that if he shows signs of improvement he'd give me a 2 week course of Panacur. I also read up on E.Cuniculi, and have noted that an anti inflammatory such as Metacam is sometimes used, as E.Cuniculi causes inflammation of the brain and spinal cord ( which contributes to paralysis )

I've been massaging him when I dry him off in the morning and evening. I know that's what they do with parylysed people to make them more comfortable, warm the muscles and get the blood flowing.

He was lying mostly on one side in the beginning, and pissing and shitting all over the underneath leg. So I massaged that one a little more since he was lying on it so much.

I extended and contracted his legs ( all four ) back and forth gently, and pressing and rubbing between his toes and on his feet.

I massaged up and down his spine ( one finger each side ) , between his shoulders, and round the back of his neck. I also gently palpitated his belly to check it wasn't feeling hard ( their guts can shut down when they're ill ) and rubbed it a bit to help move the shit through.

I'm wondering if that has helped him get a bit of strength back? I hope so.
honeythorn is offline   Reply With Quote