View Single Post
Old 12-07-2015, 07:28 AM   #45
Acharis

I dunno, the idea of goths sewing together or punks studding and making patches together feels really natural to me and not odd at all. I even have a mental image of it with everyone hanging out sitting in a circle.

Can anyone confirm if this communal crafting was ever an established thing, or is my perception skewed by the diy-heavy way the culture was first presented to me and having to make a lot of what I wanted?

Quote:
Originally Posted by laughing goth View Post
Acharis post your old stuff we have not seen it yet so its not cheating.
I love looking at what others have made.
Okay. It feels like cheating because these are from years ago, but I honestly would like to show people what I made before motivation left me. I'll see how many links I can fit in an entry... forgive me if I have to double post or make a few over days and apologies to anyone who's already seen.

Frankenjeans - These came about through necessity, as I'd grown out of my favourite black jeans and they had holes. I picked open the seams and stitched in strips of velvet to let them out a bit, sewed in peek-a-boo scraps of velvet behind the holes to patch, and put pins for adjustable width and decoration. Side view

Burgundy net stockings - these drove me round the bend because I didn't have yarn that contained elastic or was even of the right weight. I had to rework the pattern to fit my leg and foot. In progress, front, back
Acharis is offline   Reply With Quote