View Single Post
Old 04-26-2006, 03:59 PM   #10
4mytribe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sobeh
You're obviously really emotionally attached to your music, but you aren't going to be able to get any better unless you can have some artistic separation from your work to allow criticism to fit in there. Comparing your own music to someone else's is foolish - compare your music to your own past efforts, and improve within your own style of expression.

In addition, that you somehow felt good that another person was, in your eyes (and perhaps others as well) not as good as yourself, and thus worthy of criticism, yet somehow you yourself are above such things, is a hypocritical stance to take. You have no standing to critique others if you yourself are unable to accept criticism with grace.

Further, by asking for honest opinions and then responding with anger when it is given is a good way to ensure you get no further feedback in future endeavors. You put down people who spent the time to listen and comment, and prove yourself to have been unworthy of their expenditure. You also chose to ignore their praise in lieu of getting upset at their suggestions for improvement.

Why did you post it here at all? Did you simply expect praise?
Your right of course and I kinda felt the same way you did probably about an hour later. Thanks for putting it to me in a nice way. Kinda thought I was gonna get seriously trashed. Yeah it is hypocritical and all that. To my credit I was very nice to the guy and didnt tell him that nor lie either and I wasnt the only one laughing but point well taken. I guess the response is because they are saying its completely worthless and I personally think thats a bit much but like I said in the second post. I cant possible expect everyone to like it and there will be people that honestly think its the worst thing theyve ever heard and thats fine and natural. I think a more realistic goal is to hope more people like it then people that hate it. Right now I totally hate the sound and have been calling people all day all over the country to try and find a Producer/sound designer that can take the MIDI files and turn them in magic. Have 3 people lined up that are going to make some samples of parts of the song and see if we can get a better result.

You know I really expected to some serious critism on that end as there is alot of ringing and clashing going on that has to be addressed. In fact I'm not even gonna bother releasing or promoting anything until I get a sound I can live with.
4mytribe is offline   Reply With Quote