Thread: 80's Goths
View Single Post
Old 06-11-2006, 04:38 PM   #52
Falken

Pity, you did look very 80's... just about like a girl I had a crush on in high school, except she didn't have a mohawk... though she wore all the chains and spikes.

My suggestions for next time you want to go in a 80's costume:

Find a black t-shirt... if you're real lucky and live in a large city, you may be able to find one at a thrift store with an 80's new wave band on it. If it doesn't look well worn already after being in a thrift store, find a way to make look a bit worn... like you just don't wear it on occassion. If you can't find one, just a black "regular-Hanes" t-shirt will do.

As for makeup, I would suggest a Siouxsie-type effect... it doesn't have to be a direct copy, but a pale face and the "Egyptian-type" use of eyeshadow around the eyes will look very good. Once again, going back to the girl I had a crush on in high school, she just simply circled her eyes thickly with black makeup so that not only were her eyelashes totally thick and black, but around the rest of her eye without the lashes, she had a thick black circle.

Just suggestions... I claim in no way to be an authority, although I did lust after a lot of gothic females during the 80's and do remember the look well...

Last edited by Falken; 06-11-2006 at 04:40 PM. Reason: God spoke to me and told me to edit this
Falken is offline   Reply With Quote