View Single Post
Old 09-11-2011, 07:58 PM   #24
Ben Lahnger

1) Kasdeja, in spite of your exhortation to the contrary, this is precisely the kind of clap-trap thread that starts flame wars, usually because of the misguided intentions of the OP and their complete lack of understanding of their fellow forum members.

2) Catch, this (comment quoted below) demonstrates exactly that you did not, in fact, get my point at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catch View Post
That is a good observation Ben Lahnger; however, it appears racism is already becoming a problem on the forums. Perhaps addressing it would bring people back into not hiding who they are because they are not sure if everyone is callous with an evil sense-of-humor with the zingers and the heartlessly poking at whatever anyone senses a weakness or it is a personal commentary. You know, something beyond a poor sense of empathy or even cultural standards of etiquette.

Mmm, yes I believe it is possible to talk about racism, but not the grander issues that tear everyone apart, more the regular stuff that happens in real life regarding people you know and really care about.
I'd like to chalk your response up to naivety and inexperience (as I've been around racists a bit longer than you have and unfortunately understand their ways and their irrationality a lot better than you do), but I actually think your lack of insight or wisdom in the matter are largely due to being blinded by your own good intentions ... with which you're paving the road to your own damnation.

... aw, fuck it.

3) On further reflection, I believe we could all do with some 'Black Man' Cookies!

As the poets have mournfully sung,
death takes the innocent young,
the rolling in money,
the screamingly funny,
and those who are very well hung.

Your days are numbered - 26,280 per person on average - 2,000,000,000 heartbeats ... tick, tick, tick
Ben Lahnger is offline   Reply With Quote