View Single Post
Old 01-01-2007, 07:35 PM   #71
Godslayer Jillian

Quote:
Originally Posted by om3gag0th666
You were a slave to being a 'goth' a long time ago.
Then you are saying that my personality already fit the label of goth, wether I chose to name myself as one or not. This is precisely the main argument of most in here, including myself.
What you are saying is that my personality was already on the path to what would eventually deem me as Gothic. This has only so much logic as if I said you were, too, a slave to what you are now. I'm not saying that this assertion is wrong, but it is pointless to signal something so obvious.

Quote:
Originally Posted by om3gag0th666
Also your reasoning of determinism in relation to free-will is intrinsically flawed. If it is one man's 'destiny' to ascertain the intrinsic qualities of individuality are they not an individual?
Now we would go to an issue of semantics. There can be individuals in my deterministic view of reality, but they would be individuals for the single fact that they are. The state of individuality would be justified in itself as part of a human. Yet, this definition of individuality is not enough for you. What is Individuality to you? If Individuality was formed from the ability of purely free will, then such an abstract is rendered impossible if I am correct in the impossibility of Free Will.
The real question in here is:how do you define Individuality?
I need to know what am I working with in here.

I cleave to no system. I am a true seeker."
-Mikhail Bakunin

Quote:
Originally Posted by George Carlin
People who say they don’t care what people think are usually desperate to have people think they don’t care what people think.
Godslayer Jillian is offline   Reply With Quote