View Single Post
Old 12-05-2011, 07:47 AM   #18
Despanan

Note: I just realized you could have misinterpreted what I was saying: I'm not saying DON'T take him to the moderate preacher, That's actually a good tactic, he needs to be weaned off religion, and going cold-turkey won't have the right effect at this point.

However, I would like to point out the duplicity inherent in that action: in doing so, you're basically saying "What I find personally tasteful is more important than truth" God is meant to serve man, and not the other way around.

This very line of thought is an anathema to what is preached in the bible. You think Kontan and I are too extreme? I garauntee you the current preacher is just as extreme as Kontan and I have painted Christianity, if not moreso. Worse: Clearly, by her Dad's reaction to the preacher, he has an affection for this type of thinking.

What is happening to PJ's dad is serious, and dangerous. He is walking towards a mental abyss from which there is rarely a return, and I want to make sure she knows what she's really dealing with. Besides Kk and myself, who here has ever really dealt with fundamentalists in the family? Who here has dealt with REAL true believers?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben Lahnger
I have chugged more than ten epic boners.
Despanan is offline   Reply With Quote