View Single Post
Old 04-18-2005, 09:52 AM   #52
MrMaelstrom

Sternn, this last one seemed a bit desperate...

I mean come on, I'm portuguese, latino, left-wing, anarquist, libertarian, peace-loving, egotistically patriotic sonofabitch, but to say "Ireland rulez more than the states"?
Sorry if I sound offensive, but even to fierce critic of the US as I may be (and am) that phrase comes off not in its usual ballsy manner, but near ridiculous. I mean, sure, they're Goliath, but right now, none of us is David. And if this time David turns out to be called Osama, I don't think a revival of the Dark Ages is anything both of us have in mind.

You should have said something like Guiness and left it at that. Any serious attempt at comparing two disproportionately different countries (on everything from size to history) is a bit pathetic. I mean, I'm pretty sure Liechenstein or Luxembourg citizens do a lot better per capita than the average american Joe. Is the comparison fair (to any of them)? No.

Hey Skoteinh, I'm trying to promote a healthy environment for national and cultural hatred to nurture. I wasn't really going for the gender prejudice thing. But it was funny, and that excuses just about anything in my book.

And I gave Solumina crap about her bikinis. Are you calling me gay? :evil: