View Single Post
Old 09-06-2011, 07:22 AM   #98
Spooky Spencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben Lahnger View Post
The problem is, most of the writers don't know how to write female leads well, and at the end of the day a story sells more based on how well it is written, not just on who it is about.
That makes sense. I think with comics it's 50% story and 50% art to make me want to have it. I hate when there's a cool cover outside, then you open it up and it looks a bunch a first graders with crayons drew it.

The one thing I've noticed about the comics with women is the complexity, which I get. I mean, Batman focuses on whatever the Joker's going to do next and Catwoman is a distraction, but then you get Catwoman's point of view and she's got a lot more things going on and seems to be distracted by a lot of it (but still gets it all done).

Of the ones mentioned here, what do you guys think makes those lady superheroes awesome (other than boobs) when compared to a good comic with a male superhero? What are the men-only writers getting wrong or not getting when they write for them?

Also, what do you think of Witchblade, the first 8 comics, specifically. I always thought those were pretty good.
Spooky Spencer is offline   Reply With Quote