View Single Post
Old 02-01-2010, 07:38 PM   #1
Bloodflowers

People with bad tattoos...

One thing that really annoys me is when people with really shitty tattoos are proud of them for some unknown reason and upon noticing I have tattoos feel the need to show me theirs. One day at work a customer commented that she liked the quotes I have tattooed on the inside of my forearms. I politely smiled and told her thank you... "I have tattoos too!" she proudly announces as she starts unbuttoning her blouse (again, this was some random customer...). Before I can fully comprehend what was going on she's happily pointing to a "portrait" tattooed over her heart that she tells me is her son. I use quotes around that word because it was honestly one of the worse tattoos I've ever seen... it had wobbly outline of inconsistant thickness and the attempt at any sort of shadowing looked like grey smudges. Not to sound pretentious but I was drawing better portraits in middle school. This happens usually every couple weeks or so and always at work. I never quite know what to say, I usually just force a slight smile and nod.

Another somewhat related annoyance is when complete strangers feel the need to touch my tattoos. Particularly since getting the aforementioned quote tattoos about a year ago I get complete strangers grabbing my wrist, turning my arm, and reading them as opposed to just politely asking what they say or if they can read them.

Anyone else had to deal with either of these?
Bloodflowers is offline   Reply With Quote