View Single Post
Old 01-18-2012, 10:34 AM   #60
Solumina

Quote:
Originally Posted by x-deviant-x View Post
Infrastructure is - by its very definition - roads, energy supply, communication, permanent military and state structures and security – the basic necessities for any community to function. You could include sanitation, or you could argue that sanitation is the responsibility of the citizens, not the government
I find it funny that you would include energy supply as it isn't government provided in the US yet you don't mention schools. Would you consider public education to be non-essential or was it not mentioned because you thought it was an obvious inclusion that didn't need to be mentioned? I'm also curious how you feel about emergency services.

Also are you okay with community events that are put on by local governments? They increase tourism and revenue in the area as well as fostering community spirit and comradely. While we're on the subject: how do you feel about state and local governments, what roles do you think they should have? Some people who I've heard voice similar opinions to yours seem to be okay with local governments (on either the county or town level) doing things that they would not want the federal government to do because they voters have an easier time of voicing disapproval and things like spending decisions can more easily be put to a vote by the people. I'm not trying to pick at you I'm just genuinely curious.
Live a life evolutionary with me
-Carbon Leaf
Solumina is offline   Reply With Quote