View Single Post
Old 11-28-2010, 02:02 PM   #75
Versus

Quote:
Originally Posted by KontanKarite View Post
Well... you need access to shit, man and that's either science or lockpicking. I'm willing to bet that science is more beneficial in the long run.
Well, science is present in a more dialogue options then locking picking, is used for some of the games crafting, but it seems like in NV it's not used as much for opening stuff as lock picking is.

It doesn't matter to me, though. I just cheat. Have you ever played Dragon Age: Origins? It was infuriating to me that, in order to open any chest I see, I either had to be a rogue, or have one of the two most annoying characters in the game in my party. It wasn't a big deal that time I played through as a rogue... but I have a difficult time explaining how much I hate those two. So now I just cheat to open it. I justify it in that I won't get the experience points for opening/hacking.

Have you ever played the two Knight of the Old Republic games? Those are ideal to power game in because how you play the game doesn't determine what happens.

It's the reason why I don't get sneak as a skill anymore. It's not because I don't LIKE sneaking, it's because in most game I get more experience killing everything than sneaking through. That's also the reason I prefer objective based RPGs, like Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines. You only get experience for completion, not what you do along the way.
Had me creepin' 'round corners, homie sleepin' in my vest.

-Breathin, Tupac.
Versus is offline   Reply With Quote