View Single Post
Old 04-02-2010, 08:42 AM   #26
Saya

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tam Li Hua View Post
Rom-Com's are okay, but I get annoyed with them easily; they all follow basically the same plot:

Two people get crushes on each other through awkward moments. As soon as they start falling in love with each other, there's some terrible misunderstanding that threatens to drive them apart forever. The man [usually, since of course men make all the mistakes, and women don't know how to apologize and forgive in these movies] does something fantastically romantic that the woman finds out about at the last moment, then runs into his arms. They live happily ever after.
Men don't necessarily make all the mistakes, there's a sad number of rom coms where the female tries to be independent and then realizes all she wants in life is the domestic life. My sister loves these movies, can't think of the titles...I think one was Sweet Home Alabama? I usually run from the room when she watches these.

The only two romantic films I liked was Where The Heart Is (pretty much solely for Natalie Portman, and the romance isn't exactly central to the story, maybe its better described as a chick flick than romance) and secretly, very secretly I love Moonstruck. Its probably my biggest guilty pleasure for movies.
Saya is offline   Reply With Quote